What is Rhinoplasty?
In Rhinoplasty, nose is reshaped so that it looks natural and blends harmoniously with rest of face.
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?
You may be a candidate if-
- Your nose is large/ wide with relation to your face.
- There is a bump on your nasal bridge.
- Nose is asymmetrical or crooked/ depressed ( saddle nose)
- Nasal tip droops or plunges/ is thickened and enlarged.
Any special preparation for Rhinoplasty?
Few blood tests need to be done to ascertain your general fitness for surgery. Rhinoplasty is a day care procedure and you can go back home in evening. It is done under Local/General Anesthesia. The surgery last 1-2hrs on an average.
Is an implant needed?
In case of saddle nose or other deformities, in which nose needs to be built up in certain areas, a nasal septal cartilage or bone or cartilage from another site or commonly an artificial implant ( Silicone/Porex) may be used.
What is the downtime with the procedure?
After swelling subsides one can rejoin work after 48 hours. though a little caution is warranted to avoid any trauma to nose after surgery.
What can go wrong?
- Reactions to Anaesthesia/ Drugs
- Hematoma(Blood collection)/ Seroma requiring drainage
- Infection requiring Higher Antibiotics
- Minor Asymmetry which may require some touch up Procedure
- Flap Necrosis
For more information contact your plastic surgeon here
* Disclaimer: The above information is for patient education not a replacement for professional advice. It is just a supplement for patient information. please consult your plastic surgeon for a detailed examination
Call us on 9711707831
You must log in to post a comment.