Why do i need blepharopalsty?
There could be multiple reasons for which you may opt for blepharoplasty. some of them are listed below:
- Excess skin in the upper eyelid obscuring the natural fold or perhaps impairing vision.
- Excess skin & wrinkles in lower eyelid.
- Puffy/ baggy eyes giving a tired & aged look. (Most common reason)
- Lower lid laxity.
What is Blepharoplasty procedure?
In Blepharoplasty, excess skin along with protruding fat is excised, through an external skin incision. Initially there is swelling but it regresses gradually in few weeks. The scars fade with time.This gives a young & refreshed look.
What all Additional procedures may be required?
- If there is sagging of eyebrows also then a forehead lift is recommended.
- For pigmented circles around the eye, chemical peeling or Laser resurfacing will help.
- For Crow’s feet / Laughter lines, certain other procidures are recommended.
How is blepharoplasty done?
The procedure can be done in local or general anesthesia depending upon the patient profile. It is a day care procedure most of the times where patient can go home the same day. Some swelling after the procedure is expected.
What is the downtime for the procedure?
Though you will discharged the same day after surgery 3-4 days of avoiding sternous activity is advised.
Providing relief from those tired looks and sagging eyes. Get a refreshed look at essence cosmetic clinics. See your plastic surgeon here.